It’s not long now that the kids will be let loose for their well-deserved summer holidays. With the weather we have had and the forecasts that we can read, it looks like it’s the summer to spend in Cumbria and the Lake District. To aid you in your planning, we’ve gathered together some events that are happening in the local area.
- Picnic Cinema at Sleddale Hall – 4 screenings of the British cult film Withnail & I. Located just outside Shap, this is a fun event celebrating the well-known film at one of its locations. Sleddale Hall was in fact used as Uncle Monty’s cottage. We have gathered a little list of locations from the film for you to follow HERE.
You can find out more on the event and tickets HERE.
- Eden Food and Farming Festival – Penrith is hosting a week long festival from Saturday, 21st of July to 28th of July dedicated to the best products from the Eden Valley area. This is something that is close to our hearts and we would definitely recommend you going there to have a look and taste.
More information about the festival HERE.
- Shap Beer Festival – 21st to 22nd of July at Kings Arms Hotel. It’s a great local festival celebrating Shap, local beers and bands and we are definitely happy to recommend anyone staying in the area to pay a visit over that weekend to Kings Arms. You can find the Facebook event HERE.
- Kendal Calling 2018 – a local festival that has grown into a sizeable celebration of music is definitely one of the highlights of the year for this are. It’s held only a few miles from Shap on the Lowther Estate Deer Park. This year’s lineup includes names like The Libertines, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Run DMC.
You can find all the information and full lineup on the website HERE.
- Total Warrior, Lake District – the popular obstacle race held 4th and 5th of August around Shap Abbey is one of the busiest weekends in the village. With thousands of people looking to challenge themselves on the track, it is a fun event for the competitors and spectators alike. There’s is even rumours that our Scott and Leigh-ann are looking to take part, so it’s a good chance to measure yourself against them!
More information on how to sign up on their website HERE.
- Lowther Castle and Gardens – the beautiful gardens just a 10-minute drive from our door offer plenty events and wonderful days out for the whole family. From exhibition showcasing Turner’s painting of Lowther to Picnic Cinema session, it truly is worth to keep an eye on what’s going on there.
Find out more about events at Lowther Castle and Gardens on their website HERE.
There are obviously so much more going on around here as well as in the whole of Lake District. Not to mention all the days you can spend in the hills! Your best place to check what’s going on is problably GoLakes website that can easily help you plan your stay in the Lake District.
If you haven’t booked your holiday yet, we still have some dates available here at New Ing Lodge for B&B style accommodation from most Sundays to Thursdays. Check our live availability calendar and book directly on our website HERE.
We also have late availability for 4-nights’ exclusive use from 27th of August for a perfect holiday with you friends and family at the lodge. For £2550 you get the exclusive use of 10 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms as well as our fully equipped kitchen, our bar and the spacious dining and living room area as well as the garden. What better way to spend some quality time with your friends and family.
For more information email us firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 01931 716 718.